Virtual Reality Software Engineer
Seattle, WA United States | 1309188536 |
Do you want to build a next generation system for enhancing human perception? Can you imagine a future where humans and machines work in concert to create a better world? We can. Come build it with us.
Proprio is a Seattle startup developing a system for real-time immersive video and mediated reality interaction. We are using cutting edge algorithms and custom hardware to enhance human capabilities in high precision activities such as brain surgery.
The ideal candidate has excellent problem solving skills and is not afraid of a challenge. Our goal is ambitious. The consequences of success are lasting improvements for society. We are serious about pushing the technological envelope to solve real-world deficiencies across a variety of industries.
At Proprio you’ll enjoy the ability to greatly influence product design, work across multiple domains, and have a voice in developing our culture. We value diversity in all forms and have at our core a strong sense of ethics and what it means to be a company actively pursuing social good. Our team has a deep background in neurosurgery, medical devices, entrepreneurship, robotics, and computer vision, and is working closely with leading medical and research institutions.
- Familiar with the latest developments in virtual and augmented reality applications
- Has developed applications for experimental or cutting edge platforms
- UI that best balances parsimony with expressiveness
- Relevant input methods
- Manage user testing and feedback
- Programming in C++, C#
- Game design and development using Unity / Unreal
- Employing natural user interfaces like speech, gesture, and gaze.
- Design of spatial and 3D user interfaces
- Context aware systems
Additional areas of expertise
- Knowledge of medical data formats and common ways to display them
- Experience with implementation requirements and standards for medical display technology
- Video storage and streaming
- Efficient pipelines for batch processing of voluminous data sets.
Networked Game Engine Architecture
- Multiplayer VR experiences both co-located (shared tracking space) and remote (VR players tracked in different physical locations)
- Experience with real-time state replication and synchronization in a game engine
- Familiarity with best practices in network security and fault tolerance for high-reliability systems.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Website or directly to managers. Proprio does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Proprio will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Proprio .