Do you want to build a next generation system for enhancing human perception? Can you imagine a future where humans and machines work in concert to create a better world? We can. Come build it with us.
Proprio is a Seattle startup developing a system for real-time immersive volumetric video imaging and mediated surgical interaction. We develop custom hardware and cutting edge algorithms to enhance human capabilities in high precision activities such as spine and brain surgery.
The ideal candidate has excellent problem solving skills and is not afraid of a challenge. Our goal is ambitious. The consequences of success are lasting improvements for society. We are serious about pushing the technological envelope to solve real-world deficiencies across a variety of industries.
At Proprio, you’ll enjoy the ability to greatly influence product design, work across multiple domains, and have a voice in developing our culture. We value diversity in all forms and have at our core a strong sense of ethics and what it means to be a company actively pursuing social good. Our team works closely with leading medical and research institutions and has a deep background in neurosurgery, medical devices, entrepreneurship, robotics, and computer vision.
- Ability to thrive in a start-up environment, embracing ambiguity, and creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to lead a positive impact on a courageous and curious team, while fostering an environment of inclusion.
- Choose the right tools for the right problem, fluidly moving from sketching to low- and high-fidelity comps and prototypes as needed.
- Designing mission critical interfaces and experiences flows for surgical planning and intraoperative surgical guidance systems.
- Design and specify user interfaces and information architecture using participatory and iterative design techniques, including observational studies, customer interviews, and other forms of requirements discovery.
- Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Development and Test teams in seeing the designs through from planning to implementation.
- Creating a unified interaction and visual experience and language across small, large and head mounted displays.
- BA in Interface Design, Visual Communication, Product Design, Industrial Design or related design disciplines.
- Master’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction or related design or behavioral science discipline is a plus.
- You can lean on design standards, but you love to experiment and move quickly.
- Have strong interaction and visual design skills with capabilities in prototyping, presentation, and user-centered design methods.
- Medical device and/or software experience highly recommended.
- Have the ability to design from a systems level down to component level simultaneously.
- Develop and document detailed user experience specifications for highly interactive interfaces.
- Experience in product research, design strategy, information architecture, or interaction design.
- Minimum of 5 years professional UX design experience, ideally focused in consumer product or medical software industry.
- Strong knowledge of UX design processes and methodology, particularly as applied to client/desktop applications, enterprise systems, consumer electronics, medical devices or immersive design.
- High-caliber visual design skills: a deep understanding of typography, composition, and layout principles. Attention to details and style consistency.
- Proficiency with the following tools: Figma, Sketch, CC, and associated prototyping tools.
- Ability to organize individual work, scope interactions in task and workflows, and collaborate with multiple stakeholders on timelines and deliverables.
- All candidates must present an online portfolio and/or work samples including mockups, problem solving scenarios, and wireframes.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Website or directly to managers. Proprio does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Proprio will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Proprio.